Browse by:


24 September, 2015.POSTES IN: Towns & Villages, Villages,TAGS:

Lewis Ponds

Lewis Ponds is situated 16km east of Orange.  Copper was found in abundance in the 1840s.  There were at one time 200 miners employed in the area.  After the announcement that gold had been discovered at Ophir in 1851, the miners downed tools and headed for Ophir.  By 1911 most mining activity had ceased.

< older posts
newer posts >


Site Design © Copyright 2015 Sauce design